“Your 20’s are selfish years. Old enough to make right decisions and young enough to make wrong ones. Be selfish with your time- travel, explore, fall in and out of love, be ridiculous and silly, stupid and wild. Be 20’s-something.” I am sure you can relate to my vibe. Honestly, I love traveling… the sights of new places, smells of traditional foods, talks with local people are my favorite ways to feel happy and alive. I pack my backpack at least twice or thrice in a year and I must say, I am a big budget traveler. I always search for tips to save money while traveling yet enjoy a comfortable one. Holiday accommodations are another place where you can save money. Finding budget accommodation is not about giving up on your comfortabilities, you can stay in a luxurious villa under a very tight budget too. So, let’s find out some creative ways to find out some great budget accommodations.
You may enjoy reading:
- How to plan a stress-free trip: Ultimate Resource Guide
- How can you save money while travelling: Cheap yet luxurious
- How I Afford To Travel As A College Student
5 Ways to Find Budget Accommodation While Travelling:
(Disclaimer: I love to be 100% transparent to my readers. This post contains some affiliate links. If you make a purchase using the links, I will get a small commission)
1# Book with Airbnb:
The place where I can have a comfortable stay on a tight budget is Airbnb. Airbnb is a trustable marketplace where house owners give one or two rooms as a traveler’s accommodation with all essential amenities. I am definitely not a big fan of 4,5-star hotels… a place where I can have good sleep and home-like comfort is enough for me. That is why Airbnb is my first preference to book a budget accommodation while traveling. So, let’s talk about some Airbnb hacks:
- Click here and get $40 off on your first stay. (Applicable for first time user only)
- While booking an Airbnb always go for an accommodation that has good reviews. Airbnb allows guests to leave a review after the stay and it makes Airbnb an honest marketplace. Due to its exponential popularity, it is quite difficult to book a well-reviewed budget accommodation 2-3 days prior to your trip. So, book at least 15 days prior to your trip.
- Airbnb has a great referral program. You can join the referral link and invite people with a $40 discount coupon. In exchange for that, you earn travel credit for inviting people to join Airbnb.
- Create a great profile and talk with the host. I recently talked with a host for my next trip and asked her if there is any discount available or not. Be polite and carry a good conversation with the host. If you are staying for a longer duration, most of the Airbnb homes provide an awesome discount.
Over my past few months of traveling, I have been truly converted to believe that Airbnb is the best option for budget accommodation.
2# Buy Amazon travel gift cards:
Amazon is one of the widely used and most trustable marketplace. Amazon often provides an excellent discount on travel gift cards. Last time, I bought a 1000 Rs of Make My Trip gift card at 10% discount. That means I saved 10% amount on my next budget accommodation or transport on Make My Trip. You can also have a look at:
3# Ask the homeowner/hotel for mutual benefits:
Now this one is an interesting way to save money on your accommodation. If you can find a good accommodation on Airbnb or any other online marketplace but it is a little bit expensive, you can try this out. We, traveler, love to click pictures and post it on our social media. You can take advantage of your social media creativity and save money on your next trip. Talk to the host/owner and offer a proposal of mutual benefits mentioning your social media channels. If you are a Blogger, a big, big and big plus point for you. Don’t hesitate to quote if you don’t have Blog but have social media channels with good engagement. It works too. Tell the owner, ” I would love to promote your comfortable home all over my social channels and it would be a kind response if you provide me some discount during my stay.” I have done it and trust me, it works 70% of the time.
You may enjoy reading:
- 10 Instagram Hacks to increase Likes, Comments & Followers
- How to Take Perfect Instagram Photos : 10 killer ideas
- How to grow instagram account using hashtags
Meanwhile, don’t forget to grab this excellent FREEBIE
4# Build a trustable relationship with the host:
We travel to places to see and learn. The host of your home is a locality of that place and you can carry a great conversation with him/her. The homeowners love to explain their culture and tradition to the travelers and you can sit with him during evening tea-time. The next time when you will visit the same home again, you will definitely get a more welcoming response in terms of money and facilities.
5# Book your accommodation via Ebates:
Ebates is the favorite place for budget traveler or minimalists to save money. You can earn up to 20% cashback everytime you make a booking via Ebates. It is associated with popular travel stores like Booking.com, Agoda, Accor hotels, Amazon and many more.
These tips have been key for me while stretching my travel budget. If you are a traveler who likes to value a great bargain, I promise you will love to use these tips.
If you find the tips helpful, show your loves by pinning it and sharing it :). Your budget accommodation tips are always welcomed in the comment section below.
Happy travels :)