As I promised to teach you How to set up your own blog within 7 Steps-7 Days tutorial, here I am. So, are you ready to learn how to change your life by starting a successful blog??
Today I want to walk you through 7 Steps-7 Days guide to creating the blog of your dreams and actually make money from it. And trust me when I say this: IF I CAN DO THIS, ANYONE CAN.
Why to start a blog:
Before few months ago, I was just a college student, doing 9-5 classes and spent my free time on internet searching some random things. I was happy until I found the secret of make your life better doing blogging. Few month back I came across the term BLOGGING and I started doing research on it. I came up with some brilliant outcomes:
- I can utilize my Free time doing something productive without hampering my studies.
- I can give my Hobbies and Talent a global platform and showcase it to global audience.
- I can earn extra bucks which has no limit. I can buy my favorite clothes, travel around and purchase some textbooks with my own money.
- I discovered that it can be the best friend of Housewives, unemployed, College student and professionals who want to earn passive money.
If you want to earn money online, I swear stop searching out things on internet and start your own blog. Blogging is the easiest, guaranteed and fast process to earn money without any limit.
Again, it is not just about money. During your journey you will get to learn unlimited thing that will make your life smooth, you will gain respect and fame and you will be proud of your self-made Lifestyle.
I am 21 years old and I can’t wait to see myself as a Level 2 blogger after few years. So,stop thinking and start today:)
Before starting with your own blog, I highly recommend you to go through my previous post Ultimate Blogging Guide.
Why you should go through The Ultimate Blogging Guide
- You will have a clear idea about blogging. It is always better to have some idea before investing your efforts and time.
- Isn’t starting a blog hard?? Just delete your fear of starting something new. I stand strongly against the rumor that Blogging is hard.
- Motivation and inspiration towards your NEW BLOGGING LIFESTYLE.
- How can you select your proper niche.
- Last but not least: Why you should go for Self Hosting site rather than Free Hosting Site.
Reading out these points from my previous blog, I am sure that you are confident on what you are going to do. If you have chosen your Blog niche , we can move on to our next day.
Lets create the base : Set up your blog with Domain and Hosting
Your head is gonna spin if you count the number of hosting sites on internet. As a beginner and a student, I always wanted a site which provides best service under my budget. I certainly won’t recommend you to invest hundreds of dollars at the very beginning. After lots of research, I came up with an excellent web hosting site Bluehost.
This is important for a beginner that your expenses are going to cover up with your income. Spending a lots of money where you are not predictable with your income is not a smart idea. So, chose your Domain and Hosting site as cheap as Bluehost.
I have done a lots of research on finding out the best web hosting company and Bluehost is the only one who has able to meet my budget and all essential requirements.
IT COMES WITH A FREE DOMAIN:
I spent 1000 Rs on my Domain and separately for my hosting (though I changed it later on). I wish I would have a guide to tell me about Bluehost. I definitely don’t want you to do same mistakes I did. I purchased my Domain from GoDaddy with approx 1000 Rs and separately spent of money on Hosting. Hilarious thing I did.
Here’s a good news: Bluehost has launched their best of 2017 offer. Must say- BEST FOR BEGINNERS. You can now set up your blog as low as $3.95/month which is approx 256.75 Rs per month. And the best part is, it comes with a FREE DOMAIN NAME.
IT IS SUPER EASY TO USE:
This site is not like others where you have to open your YouTube tab again and again to use it. Bluehost is incredibly easy to use. I will show you the complication part of choosing domain and hosting plans step-by-step with images.
Bluehost OFFERS A COMPLETE GUARANTEE:
I am pretty impressed with Bluehost for it’s money back guarantee. As a beginner I prefer a web hosting site that come up with guaranteed service and if I am not satisfied, I can ask for full refund within 30 days of my purchase. That means I will get back my investment if that won’t work for me. What can be more beautiful than that?? 🙂
This guide is focused on making a successful blog, I am all about providing the best content where you will find no difficulties.
I will again quote WHY YOU SHOULD GO FOR SELF HOSTING RATHER THAN FREE HOSTING:
- You have full right on your own contents. When you use free platforms like blogger or word press, they control your contents, which you definitely don’t want to.
- Tell your readers that, yes you are a serious blogger. You chose loveforfashion.com over loveforfashion.wordpress.com because you lost few drops of faith on the free wordpress hosting website. Thus if you choose free platforms to work with you will not be able to reach your deserved traffic, which is of course a great loss.
- Initially, I wanted to start with a free platform to check whether it will work for me or not. Drop that stupid idea. Because when your mind will change and you want to switch your site to a self hosted blog, trust me, it is extremely disgusting and a long way. Rather I chose to invest a little money on self hosting at the beginning only. It is a small investment that is worth spending.
Because of these flaws I always prefer Self-hosted blog. Again if you want to earn money through your blog, self hosting(Bluehost) is the ONLY way a profitable blog will ever run.
$3.95 is so less which will bring a lots of money to you. The difference is only $3.95/month.
So, have you chosen your best platform to start with?? Let’s go for it.
- Register for your own domain name- (Free ie $0, comes with web hosing package)
- Get a web host as low as $3.95/month (for 24 months)
- Install word press – $0
- Grab theme and plugins for your word press- $0
Step 1: Click on the picture below and give your first step towards creating your successful blog.
Step 2: View their hosting plans
For a beginner I suggest you to go for Basic Plans as you can change your Hosting plan anytime you want. You can directly access to Basic Plan by Clicking on this link .
Step 3: As you have chosen your plan, lets move on to the next step DOMAIN REGISTRATION.
Bluehost gives it for free with your web hosting package. Only thing you need to do is select an appropriate Domain name for your blog. I will again recommend, please go through my Ultimate Blogging Guide before choosing your Domain name. Be sure, it is something that will cover all of your content.
You can enter your domain name in first box. If you already have a domain in your hand, move on to the next box.
Step 3: Now you have a domain name so lets grab it before anyone else.
Give your detail information to Bluehost.
And finally complete your purchase.
You can see a huge amount they are asking you. Not necessarily you have to accept all the offeres they are offering. You can untick those circled offers and complete your purchase under your budget.
Remember $3.95 only works if you don’t want to pay anything for two years, that mean if you select their 24 months web hosting service. Else your 12 month service package will look like this-
I will recommend you to select 24 months hosting plans. Because-
- You will not pay anything up to two years.
- You will save $1 per month which is a great amount
- Feel safe asYou can get your money back if it doesn’t work
Complete your purchase now.
Congratulations!! You have your own Registered domain and web Hosting site in your hand. Now, Relax and get ready for Day 3.
On your next step they will ask you to provide a secured password. Complete that step carefully and use a strong password.
On our Day 3, we will install WordPress. Bluehost provide the most easiest way to install WordPress. After setting up the password you will be directed to setting up your Blog theme. If you get started with WordPress, it will longer duration than Bluehost. Your screen will look like this-
You can select any FREE theme which will be the best match of your Blog. Let me tell you, you will get a long list of FREE themes in WordPress, but all of them are not so handy to use. I have spent a lot of time on finding out the best match theme for me. Now I am working with ZILLAH and by far I have no plan to change it. From my research I found some beautiful FREE themes which you can go for.
- BLOG INN
You can find 50 + FREE themes on This site.
Let me reveal the BLOGGER’S SECRET: Creative Market :
Free themes are perfect for beginners. But if you have some extra money to spend I would definitely recommend you to go for paid themes. Free themes are good, but they do not come with a package of tools. You won’t get some important tools on your Free theme as they are giving it for Free. But if you have limited budget then I will suggest you to rock with a Free theme and change your theme with your income to increase your sales.
For paid themes and fonts, I cannot find a better place than Creative Market . This awesome place provides thousands of unique Themes and Fonts at very cheap price as low as $2. If you want your blog to stand out differently from other, I highly recommend you to go for Creative Market. You can find everything you need for a blog in one platform. This beautiful platform looks likes this-
I am sure you can not wait to see how this Platform looks like.
Why I prefer paid Themes and Fonts:
Paid Themes and Fonts are very easy to use. They are strong and they do not come with a bug. Again you will get all your important tools where Free themes lag behind. This is because you have invested your money on them and they try their best to help you on building a strong blog.
I will teach you how to install your theme:
Step 1: Click on the Appearence->themes
Step 2: Click on Add new->Install->Activate
Step 3: If you have a paid theme, it will come with a zip folder. All you need to do is upload your theme from your files and follow the same procedure.
So, here your Day 3 completes with Installing Themes and Fonts (if required).
The Day is all about knowing about plugins.
What is plugins:
These are must needed tools to increase functionality of your blog.
I have already talked about plugins on my previous blog, Lets talk about some important plugins you must install in addition to earlier ones:
- Contact form 7 : This is the plugin with the help of which you will make the Contact form.
- Install contact form 7 plugin and activate it.
- Go to the plugin settings and copy the shortcode.
- Paste the shortcode on your contact 7 page and save it.
Your contact page will look like this.
- Google Analytic Dashboard for WP: This plugin shows your site performance and statistics. You can analyse your site activities with this plugin and it is very important for growth of your site. This is how google analytics analyses my site.
- Recent post widget extended: I have already discussed about it in the widget section. For that you need to install the plugin and activate it.
- Sumo me: This is my favorite plugin. 🙂 . It builds my subscriber email list, creates subscription pop up and analyses shares of my site. This plugin is very user friendly and therefore I highly recommend it to beginners.
- WP socializer : This plugin connects your site to your social media accounts which a site can not grow. It adds native social media buttons, icons, floating sharebar, follow us buttons, profile icons, mobile sharebar and selected text share popups easily with complete control and customization.
- Yoast SEO: This is gonna be your most efficient tool. With the help of this tool, you can work with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) easily and help your post to appear at the front page of google.
- Hello bar: If you have seen a red pop up on the top of my website on last few days, I have created that using Hellobar . You ca not find it WordPress plugin store but you can install it for Free using this link.
You can obviously find many more plugins in word press. These are just basics. Explore the plugins and find those which will be beneficial for your blog.
As we have move on to our Day 5, Lets know about How to publish your Blog. To publish your blog, you must have a blog post.
Lets create your First ever Blog post on your blog:
Remember: Your content is the root of your website. Before starting a blog you must have some excellent content which readers love to read. You must have some unique information on your niche that you want people to know. When you are about to create your first blog post, think about why people should read this post. Your first post will put the first impression. So you definitely don’t want to lose this chance.
Things you should keep on your mind while writing your first blog post
- Your content should definitely meets your blog niche: If your blog name is Fashionlove.com and you write your first blog on music, that will definitely make a bad impression on readers. Because your readers expected something related to Fashion on your blog and you have disappointed them.
- Avoid Grammatical error : “First impression is the last impression” and don’t let your common mistakes to waste this opportunity. If you write a sentence on your first blog like – “Since 4 years, I used this product”, no people is going to read further. Rather than, I strongly recommend you to use Grammarly. It detects all errors on a sentence and helps you to make it correct.
- Focus keyword and increase SEO: SEO has a long story. As a beginner, keep on mind that you need to beat your competition on market and for that you need a strong SEO (Search Engine Optimization) so that Search Engines like Google, Yahoo can make your website appears at the top. Make a focus keyword and try to green your maximum number of SEO analysis just like I have shown below-
- Make a keyword research: Why you need keyword research- Well lets say you want to write a blog post on focus keyword- “Green tea”. You need to have an idea how many audience you should target. If “Green tea benefits” focus keyword has more number of searches than “Green tea”, that means you should use “Green tea benefits”. Because you want to reach more number of people. In Keyword research, Hothblitz provide the best service. This FREE google Keyword Planner will make your work easy and help you from loosing millions of audience. After entering your email, it will do the analysis:. I am sure you got an idea what I am talking about. But if you want to sell an e-book describing “Benefits of Green Tea” , you should go for Focus keyword: benefits of green tea (which is less general keyword). If you saturate your blog post using a general keyword, you will lose your targeted customers.
- Use beautiful images: Black and White words are mostly boring, to keep engaging your readers, use images. For beginner bloggers, I definitely recommend to use Canva. It is a free design tool used by 95% beginners bloggers(including me)
I am pretty sure that now you have a great content and ready to publish it.
This day is all about promoting your blog. As you have built your blog, published your first post now you have to work on traffic. People out there do not know that you own a blog with excellent content. You have to reach them yourself, tell them what you have to offer via your blog.
The best way to do this is advertising your blog via social media. Social media is a platform which you can use as a traffic builder for your blog.
How to use Social Media to promote your blog
There are some tips you should follow to reach your targeted audience:
- When you are promoting your blog post via Social Media, use as many as platforms you can. Use Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest all Social Media you can. Because your audience on Facebook is not same with Instagram. If you set your limit to Facebook only, you will miss thousands of audience from other platforms.
- Don’t stop after promoting once. Keep on promoting your blog post until you get satisfied with your target.
- Find out the platform where you are strong. For me it is Instagram where I have 21k followers so I put some extra effort on promoting my blog on Instagram because it will bring maximum 21k visitors to my blog.
- Don’t just promote your link. Put some relevant caption so that readers get excited to know what is in inside the link.
There are many ways to promote your blog via Social media. But as a beginner try these once. Once your blog gets few views you can go for next level.
Bravo!! You have taken a great step towards your dream lifestyle and you have your own blog in your hand today. On your last day of FREE BLOGGING COURSE, I would like to give some tips for beginners which I have experienced during my journey.
Tip 1: WordPress is an open software and not much tough. I recommend you to learn the software and operate it by yourself rather than spending thousands of rupees on a web developer.
Tip 2: Blogging is all about building network. You can grow only if you can be a part of blogging community. Connect with bloggers, talk to them, get inspired from them and grow your blogging business.
Tip 3: Collection of email is very important in the field of blogging. People who subscribed to your blog, they trust you and they want to take what you have to offer in future. Your subscription list is going to turn into your customers.
Tip 4: You definitely don’t want to get stuck in between. For that educate yourself with the idea of blogging. Watch videos, read blogs and see how other bloggers do their work.
Well, I have invested lots of time and effort to make this blog post. Because I truly want you to get familiar with blogging and have your own successful blog. And I will again say, If I can do this, anyone can.
I hope you have found this e-book helpful and easy. If you face any difficulty in between, please contact me. I am always here to help you. Don’t forget to share your blog in the comment section below. I am excited to see how it looks like.
If this guide helped you out, please pin or share!
Do you have any questions about creating a blog? What surprises you about blogging?
REMINDER: If you use my affiliate link to start your blog with Siteground, as a thank you I’d love to help you get your blog started! After you use my link send me an email at email@example.com letting me know what type of plan you purchased! Then we can schedule a 7 steps schedule where I can help you get your blog set up, as well as themes and plugins installed. If you don’t need any help with that, we can chat about your vision for your blog and a marketing plan to truly elevate your blog and push it forward.
As you have a blog in your hand, what are you waiting for?? Go quickly and start earning money 🙂
Read the full post at 5 Most Effective Ways to Monetize Your Blog